After blogging for the past 2 months, it's come to my attention how it easy it has become to hoard beauty products and to buy clothing that rarely gets worn. A few months ago I came across a few posts of people discussing a "No Buy Challenge".
The challenges ranged from 1 month to several months. After looking at my beauty collection and my walk-in closet, I've come to the conclusion that I really should make an effort to use what I already have.
I actually tried to do a challenge like this a few years ago. It was hard and as soon as the challenge was over I went out and purchased items. That's not what I want to do with this challenge! I've made quite a bit of purchases related to beauty and fashion. Some of the purchases were minor and one was very major due to my birthday (6/29).
In the efforts to hold myself accountable, I thought it would be great to document it and write out clear rules for myself.
Recent pictures from my collection
Rules & Guidelines
- To start off the challenge I'm planning the "No Buy Challenge" from July 1st, 2018-July 31st, 2018. I may or may not extend it or try it again in a few months!
- The overall goal for me is to use and appreciate what I currently have in beauty related products and fashion items.
- By completing this challenge I'm hoping to help diminish my stockpile of products (full size and samples) as many of the products give the same results
- (Fashion) Wear the items in my closet that have been getting neglected or that have never been worn.
- I'm hoping to discover new loves from my collection.
- Not spend excessively once the challenge is complete.
This is going to be a great way to challenge myself. I'll be checking in every couple of days on my Instagram, but will formally check in on here in a couple of weeks! I'm actually looking forward to do other challenges in the upcoming months!
Have you tried a no buy challenge or something similar? Please comment below letting me know the details.
Beauty Blogger with a love for fashion and lifestyle.
For daily reviews and updates. Follow me on Instagram